WELCOME TO THE LMSS WELFARE AND DIVERSITY PAGE. HERE YOU’LL FIND INFORMATION ON THE WELFARE TEAM, WHAT THEY DO AND ACCESS TO RESOURCES AND CONTACTS.
- Moving to a new city can be difficult, let alone beginning your medical school studies. This is where our Welfare and Diversity team comes in.
- We are here to ensure both younger and older students feel supported throughout their time in medical school. Ranging from organising a mentoring scheme, anonymous agony aunt sections in our magazine, Sphincter, and arranging fun events throughout the year.
- Our aim every year is to ensure the medical student body has the best time over the 5 years in Liverpool. It’s a tough course, but there are many friendly faces about to help anyone in need! Of course, we don’t always have all the answers, and in that case, we will be able to guide you toward staff in the Medical School.
- If you have any questions, queries or suggestions for how we could improve, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MEET THE WELFARE & DIVERSITY TEAM
Hi everyone, my name is Ros and I’m this years Welfare & Diversity Rep!
A little about me – I love playing hockey, cooking and spending time with friends. I’m really excited to be part of the WD team this year and help continue to make the LMSS a safe, approachable and fun place for everyone, no matter your background.
If you have any concerns or worries, academic or pastoral, please feel free to give us a DM or speak to any of the team in person, we’d be more than happy to help 🙂
Hey everyone! My name is Navjot and I’m the new Ethnic Minorities Rep for the LMSS this year!
I’m looking forward to working with the rest of committee and the rest of the Welfare & Diversity Team to ensure your time at uni is as enjoyable and inclusive as it can be!
I hope to bring new ideas & activities for everyone to get involved in!
Hi everyone, I’m Isaac – your new LGBTQ+ rep for this year, and I’m currently intercalating!
A little about me – I like to cook, enjoy spending time outdoors, and love to watch foreign language movies! As part of the WD team I’ll be working to keep the LMSS a representative and inclusive environment for everyone, and if you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me on Facebook or Instagram, or ask if you see me on campus 🙂
Hello everyone I’m Becca, this years Women’s Rep!
My role as part of the Welfare & Diversity Team is to help women on the course feel safe & supported whilst at uni!
My other interests include cooking & playing hockey. Don’t hesitate to get in touch via @LMSSwelfare if you’ve any queries or concerns! 🙂
When you come to uni
- When our first years arrive at Liverpool, they will be paired up with a second-year student to help them settle in and answer any questions or worries.
- Mentors and mentees can get to know each other at our Mentor-Mentee night, and through other events the LMSS hosts throughout the year.
- Second-year mentors are around to show new students around campus, i.e. where lectures are held as well as being a helping hand in revision season.
- Mentoring doesn’t just end after your first year! LMSS mentors will be around throughout each student’s years in medical school.
HELPFUL LINKS & RESOURCES
- Liverpool Medical School – Sharing Concerns Form (log in with student ID)
- University of Liverpool Student Support (Disability Advice and Guidance, International Advice and Guidance, Money Advice and Guidance, Counselling Service, Mental Health Advisory Service, Sexual assault, harassment and hate crime)
- Big White Wall
- Self Help Information
- Silvercloud Self Help Modules
- Relaxation Programme
- Exam Relaxation
- The Samaritans
- Rape Crisis
- Available on 0808 802 9999
- Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
- Headspace Mindfulness and Meditation
- Tea & Empathy (Facebook NHS Peer Support Group)
- Chinese Mental Health Association
- Telephone: 02076131008
- PSS – Crisis Counselling Service
- Contact 18 Seel Street, Liverpool (0151 702 5545)
- Beat eating disorders – BEAT
- Muslim Youth Helpline
- 0808 808 2008